Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

Presenting at ESA tomorrow, repping Chicago Wildlife Watch!

• mason_UWI by mason_UWI scientist

Hi all,

Currently at the 100th centennial anniversary of the Ecological Society of America conference that is being hosted in Baltimore (> 4000 ecologists here for this). First time on the east coast, and am very much enjoying it. The row houses of Baltimore standout to me, as I grew up in a small but rapidly urbanizing suburb on the West Coast (big yards, big streets, etc.). Tomorrow morning, I will be presenting some research from our camera trap project in a really interesting session, and of course I will be repping all of you who help make this great (and possible).

Wish me luck, and give a hip hip hooray for urban ecology!

-Mason

Posted

• WillowSkye by WillowSkye

More than 4000 ecologists, wow. Amazing. Don't know how many in my country but think it might be far less. Looking forward to reading the subsequent Blogs 😃 What does "repping" mean? Is it an American term?

Posted

• mason_UWI by mason_UWI scientist

People are here from all around the world, so there may even be some folks from around your area as well. Repping is sort of an informal or slang term for representing. Also, the talk went great and it was well received!

-Mason

Posted