Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

Zooniverse home page and ribbon

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

Is there a way to add Chicago Watch to my home page on Zooniverse so it has a picture that I click on like I do for my penguin watch and others??
    Thanks so much

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hi @Bonnie123 , because CWW is a special project that we experimented with doing a limited release, it isn't on the home page. However, you can still find it on the Zooniverse page by going to the "projects" drop-down at the top of the page and selecting "laboratory" projects!

Alternatively, you could bookmark it! 😃

Hope this helps; thanks!!

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

Here's what I do : hover your mouse over your username, top right, on the Zooniverse home page and then click on 'Projects - You are currently participating in n projects'. That way, you have your very own Zooniverse homepage with all the projects you have participated in. 😄

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Actually, it looks like the project is indeed on the home page now!

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

Thanks for putting this on the home page, just need it on our ribbon now so it will pop up as one of our projects and we can just click on it.
    Thanks again!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Yep, I've put in a bug report to get this on the ribbon and such!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

OKAY so, good news and bad news.

The good news is, CWW classifications will now show up in your profile and ribbon!

The BAD news is... only new ones. Unfortunately, all previous classifications were never logged in the place that logs people's activity. I can't do anything about that, sadly. 😦

But going forward, we're all good!!

EDIT: Or am I wrong? I notice that my own says 221 classifications, and I didn't do that many just right now. Perhaps some old classifications ARE being logged? What are people seeing?

EDIT 2: Okay, it actually looks like it's all good news! Classify at least one more CWW object, and all of the rest should retroactively show up in your ribbon and profile page. Hope this helps!!

Posted

• ForestPreserve by ForestPreserve moderator

The ribbon can seen on the zooniverse main page, https://www.zooniverse.org/projects/current

I've classified way too many Arthurs and squirrels!!!

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

Big THANK YOU!!! to all who helped to get this one on the home page and ribbon. I've been off working on another project and just did a few here and all of the ones I did in the past also show up.

I noticed once you were able to add this to the home page a while ago the number of users doubled since it is easier to find now. so thanks for that as well.
    Thanks so much!!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

You're all very welcome! (I'll take roses and applause. :p)

There's about to be 800,000 more images, and as I've said, I'm going to try to send Snapshot Serengeti people over here in a couple of weeks once they finish their Season 8!

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

@DZM Zooniverse Team: Your secret is out now. I saw your post over on Serengeti about having something special for us to do when we are done there. I took a break from that and I'm working back over here for awhile. I think that is a great idea!! Roses and applause sent!!! Thanks again!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Curses! I've been found out! 😃

Posted