Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

Searching Image IDs

• LittleMissBirdy by LittleMissBirdy

Is there a way to search for image IDs ? Sometimes I wish I could see other images taken close to the same time as the one I'm classifying to get a better idea of what animal I'm looking at; or if it's even an animal at all or just a log that wishes it was that cool.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

There's a bit of a hack you can do... If you mess with the last letter/number of the URL/object ID, you can (often) see the next and/or previous image taken by a camera. (So, ACH000de4b and ACH000de4c for instance.)

This is typically at least helpful for seeing if something is, as you said, an animal or a cool-looking log. 😃

Posted

• LittleMissBirdy by LittleMissBirdy

Thanks for the reply! I'll start trying this out. 😄

Posted

• lesizz by lesizz

There are so many Human + Dog Domestic categorizations, it would help speed up classifying if there were a Human+Dog category.
    Just sayin'.

Posted

• llehrerlpzoo.org by llehrerlpzoo.org scientist

That's a great suggestion! It might be tough to do since we also ask you to tell us the number of individuals (there could be multiple humans or multiple dogs) but we can think about how to do that. Thanks!

Posted

• HillBilly by HillBilly

Llehrer, it could be like this: if there are m humans and n dogs, then you could:

• If m > n, then mark n Human+Dog and m Human.

• If m = n, then mark m or n Human+Dog.

• If m < n, then mark m Human+Dog and n Dog.

P.S. The < character really messes stuff up unless you use HTML formatting code &lt;...Fortunately, the not-quite-raw HTML can't do much; I tried <button> in a previous edit (to test) and it just made plaintext.

Posted

• mbradboo by mbradboo

Just trying this for the first time after hearing piece on WBEZ! I like it, but have a couple suggestions/questions. Would it be possible to show where the location of these encounters are? ie: Lincoln Park Lagoon or Clybourn and Willow etc. Would peek my interest as I go through images. Also do you have a map of where your cameras are? Lastly....does someone decide on a final determination of the species? and if so can we find out what the final ID was for a photo? Kind of makes it like a game....more fun! Love the site.

Posted