Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

An oldie but a goodie (presentation from TWS conference last year)

• mason_UWI by mason_UWI scientist

Hi all!

Back from the ESA conference in Baltimore, it was a blast! While I do not think that talk was uploaded anywhere, I did happen to come across a video of my presentation on opossum in Chicago at the wildlife society conference last year. I think the talk is interesting (though I am a bit biased of course). If you want to learn about some of the science that we do / urban ecology, feel free to check out the talk on the link provided!

EDIT: Unfortunately, this talk is no longer viewable for some reason

Mason

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey Mason -- I think that's not quite the right link. This is what you meant, right? 😃

Posted

That's the one! I updated the link on mine as well. Thanks Darren!

Posted

• WillowSkye by WillowSkye

Hey, I cannot access the "oldie" presentation. Get the following message: "Your Preview Session has expired. Login, or purchase this session to unlock the rest of the presentation".

So this is what I tried: Looked around for a price to see how much it would cost. Didn't see anything. Clicked on Product Pricing, get the following message: "There are no individual items available for purchase at this time. Please also click on the session packages tab to purchase packaged items." Created a Login Account, Logged in and out few times. Nothing. Went to FAQ's, followed advice from there, Logged in and on Home Page, clicked on Events, saw there are about 481 presentations. Searched the word "Opossum". Found your presentation. Clicked on Buy to see the price and the following message appeared: "There are currently no items available to purchase."

So tried playing it again but with same original result. Updated Adobe Flash Player. Closed and re-opened the website a few times. Closed and re-opened Google Chrome a few times. Even restarted the computer, (not that it would have any effect, haha) and then finally sent an e-mail to multiviewMediaSupport@multiview.com and provided them with the link. Don't think they work over weekends, so, how do you say it in America "bummer"??

Posted

Oh no! It must be one of those region specific videos (i.e. they block users outside of the US). I'll see what I can do about it!

Posted

• WillowSkye by WillowSkye

Okay, thanks 😃 Would really like to watch the presentation.

Posted

• ForestPreserve by ForestPreserve moderator

This US viewer had the same issues with the video.

Posted

I think there is an issue with timing (it was only up and viewable for a short amount of time). Bummer!

Posted