Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

Issues with tagging photos?

• mason_UWI by mason_UWI scientist

Hi all,

Are you having issues with photos showing up to classify on CWW? I spent 5 minutes tagging photos and constantly had to refresh my browser to have photos pop up.

Mason

Posted

• abloss by abloss

I have. I either get the champagne bubbles, or the note, or nothing at all. It is even worse when returning to classifying after commenting on an image.

Posted

• ForestPreserve by ForestPreserve moderator

I haven't tried classifying today, but I had been getting the "no photos available" message from time to time. Usually, the "nothing here" button is available, and clicking it clears up the problem. Sometimes "nothing here" is missing or greyed out, and I have to reload to see anything.

Posted

• katayfaya by katayfaya

Yup, same here. I have to hit refresh all the time. Specially after commenting, like abloss said.

Posted

• mason_UWI by mason_UWI scientist

The folks at zooniverse have looked into it and hopefully have fixed the problem. Let me know if it continues!

Mason

Posted

• katayfaya by katayfaya

from my end, seems like the problem's solved! good job, folks at zooniverse! keep it up! 😄

Posted

• WillowSkye by WillowSkye

No problems ... just it's very, very quiet 😦 You haven't run out of coffee in Chicago maybe?

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

Mea culpa - WWW has a new season, and the animals are very exciting. I'll be back!

Posted

Has Forest also left the Preserve? Vacation? Missing the humour, no-one's pointing out the worse-for-wear coyotes 😦 Anyway, for all who love owls, something you might like to see 😃

Posted

• ForestPreserve by ForestPreserve moderator

FP is away til the Ides of March, but still listening. Will now be having owl-themed nightmares, thx.

Posted

Yay, FP, glad to hear you're still here, I was beginning to worry your silence meant a nice lady had given you a box of chocolates and told you to "Run, Forest, Run!" 😉 Also, how can such a beautiful owl cause nightmares?

Posted

• katayfaya by katayfaya

hey fellow volunteers! good day to all!
    Just thought to share my two cents on the default view of the classifying page: I always turn the background into the dark view, because it really helps me get a better contrast with the pictures, specially the darker ones. Also, it is a lot lighter in the energy cost. I wondered if there is any inconvenience in making it the default view, maybe I'm not considering important issues, but it'd sure be time-saving for me! Anyone else feels the same way?
    See y'all 'round!

Posted