Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

The dark blob and raccoon

• WillowSkye by WillowSkye

Uhmm thought I would maybe try out that cool movie trick done by @daniel.mclaury some time ago with the deer, but the raccoon seems to give a drunk jump in the last part of the movie. The dark blob in the back seems to be moving too?? not sure. What's your opinion @yshish? Thanks for watching 😃

Raccoon and dark blob

Posted

• yshish by yshish in response to WillowSkye's comment.

Oh, sorry for the delay, I haven't noticed your post, was busy by solving Cylons on the PP!

I can't watch your movie. It displays for a very short moment, but then the whole page content disappears, the URL changes and a blank page pretends to be loading it from the beginning with no results...

Will try it again, later tonight!

Posted

Hi @yshish, sorry, don't know why it's not working (works on my side, weird). Try this link, please: https://vid.me/0mbZ Alternatively you can maybe search output DZu9Ar in vid.me

Wow, I must admit the only Cylons I know are the ones in Battlestar Galactica! Haha 😃 Probably no relation? How did you do that cool zooming effect with the 2nd picture that appears beside the main one and when dragging the cursor over the latter, one can zoom in on the Cylon. That's absolutely awesome!

Do you maybe have a cool link to some more info on the Cylons as I couldn't find something on the Plankton website? Thanks 😃

Posted

Ah, this link works perfectly. Thanks. And yes, I can see something moving there in the grass, indeed! Well spotted 😃 No idea what it is. You know I'm not very familiar with the Chicago fauna yet (but I'm feeling a small progress already!)

Sorry for the confusion with Cylons, you're not the first one who misunderstood it 😦, we were actually talking about the legendary BG Cylons there... There is, luckily, no such a Plankton species name officially yet. We like nicknaming plankton there, by what it reminds us of. It is fun 😃

As for the cool link info about that organism, even our scientists can't tell what it actually is! We have seen two of them so far in the data set. So it is one of the big mysteries I'm trying to solve!

That cool magnifying effect of the thumbnail was added on my request after I got used to it elsewhere (PW). It was added at the moment when the project page was redesigned completely.. I'm still trying to use that feature here too and always become disappointed when I realize it's not possible.

😃

Posted

Thanks 😃 Cool plankton though (almost looked as if it had a smiley face, maybe) 😃

Posted

I can only agree with that! 😄

Posted