Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

Recent uptick in failed classifications and "no more pics to classify"

• escholzia by escholzia

In the past few weeks, I've seen a big increase in classifications that get stuck after clicking the Finish button. The pic disappears as per normal, but the list of animals stays in the frame, along with a circular expanding pattern. I also get the "You may have classified all the pictures..." text box a lot. Reloading the page usually refreshes to a new picture, but sometimes I get the "Click this box to prevent this dialog....." text box. It's annoying, and happens multiple times per session, but I can live with it . But I wonder whether those pics that get stuck are even having their classifications recorded. Firefox, Windows 7.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hm. Anyone else having this experience?

Posted

• mason_UWI by mason_UWI scientist

I get this pretty consistently while using Chrome. A few times a day probably.

Posted

• buffalogroveP by buffalogroveP

I get it on firefox often!! Even when I login after days away.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB

Yep, same here. Using Chrome. Refreshing the page (sometimes a couple of times) does the trick !

Posted

• Ips by Ips

Just did a littel statistic for you: I did 300 pics over the course of this morning (on Firefox), and had nine events of being told no pictures were left. Six times of these I had to refresh once only, once two times, and twice three times.
    This would indicate that the error occurs at approximately every 33rd picture, or in 3 out of 100.

Posted

• buffalogroveP by buffalogroveP

My experience has been similar to lps. I have even gotten the notice right after i signed in on my first attempt to classify for that session..... seems like some buggy glitch is occurring to me and it could discourage some participants from returning to do more classifying....

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

Right, it doesn't seem to be related to the sequence of clicks or login status. Maybe the image server is having hiccups? I notice that DMZ has posted this issue to Github, but hasn't had any response to date.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I'm going to ask about this... I can't promise anything as our developers are all very tied up right now, but I will ask.

On another note, I never noticed how much my initials resembled the common name for the DeMilitarized Zone until many zooites started flipping the Z and the M. 😃

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

Oops, you're right. Dates me,doesn't it!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Oh hey guess what the awful "no more subjects" should be fixed now. 😄

(still trying to get someone to figure out the mower thing...)

Posted