Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

• storrance by storrance

A cow?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I see nothing here...

Posted

• TexaSean by TexaSean

You know what would help? And I cant figure out how to post a new topic so im stealing this thread.
    Why is there no ZOOM?!?! If you guys would implement a ZOOM function, it would greatly help with all this.
    And by the way, thats not a cow, its a log.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey @TexaSean -- you should be able to use keyboard zoo. shortcuts to zoom in on images if you'd like. For instance, command and + on a Mac.

On some projects, we have reasons for not including zoom. I'm not sure if the science team has a reason for not wanting it on this project. If not, I could add it as a future enhancement.

Posted

• ForestPreserve by ForestPreserve moderator

Likewise ctrl + to zoom in and ctrl - to zoom out on most Windows browsers. There are also other strategies, such as browser plugins or the Microsoft magnifying glass tool.

There's a whole "how to zoom" discussion in here somewhere, I'll see if I can make it a featured discussion.

To open a new discussion thread, go to "Discussion boards", then pick one of the three boards, for example "Help". You get a page listing the threads for that board. You can start a new thread at the bottom of this page.

(I've argued that having three discussion boards is confusing, that one is enough...)

Posted

• ForestPreserve by ForestPreserve moderator

OK, we know have a featured "how to zoom" discussion. It looks like a sticky thread (pushpin symbol) on the help board, and appears as a "featured discussion" on the "recent" page. I've edited the first post to include comments from other users.

Another way to open a new discussion thread is when you comment on an image. The comment page has "Create a New Post" buttons for the three discussion boards. The image you're commenting on will be shown with the thread.

Posted