Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

Is there a way to remove an image from a collection?

• Antigon by Antigon

I mistakenly marked an image as Favorite and I cannot remove it from the collection now.
    Is it something that can be done?

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

Yes - if you open the favorites collection (listed under Profile menu), the line at the top with your User ID will end with "edit". Click that, and each photo will have an "x" in the corner that you can use to remove a pic.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Much to my frustration, there's currently no way to remove images from favorites, or other collections.

It's a little silly and we're working hard on building a version of Talk where you can indeed do that. Sorry about that!!

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

That's strange.. The above method works for me. I just tested it. Click "x" on the pic to be deleted, click the Save button at the bottom - no more pic in collection.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to escholzia's comment.

Where are you seeing an "x" appear on the picture? For that matter, where are you seeing a "save" button? What page are you doing this from?

I didn't help build this system, so I'm still figuring out all its intricacies, but I was under the strong impression that it was not possible to delete from collections...

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

Talk|Profile| Pick Favorites collection

Collection Favorites - Collection ID: CCHS000037 - by escholzia (Edit)

Click the Edit link - you'll see pics with an x in one corner. Save button is at the bottom left of the pics

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Oh, look at that. Super unclear that you have to click "edit," but you're right. Thanks!!

@Antigon -- when viewing your favorites collection, click "edit." You can use the little white X on each image to remove them, then hit "save changes."

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

It's doesn't work perfectly - I often see duplicate pics in my Favorites, but I found out the hard way that deleting one deletes both of them.

Posted

• Antigon by Antigon

Oh would you look at that! Thanks for the help 😃

Posted