Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

Removing a photo

• jaxbaq by jaxbaq

I've come across a photo that should be pulled from rotation. Is there an admin I can contact?

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

Why? If it's because a human in it is doing something inappropriate, the first time anyone marks it human it won't show up again. If it's just a bad (blank/under/overexposed), don't worry about it, there's lots more where that comes from.

Posted

• jaxbaq by jaxbaq

I wasn't aware the photos were hidden after the first human tag. If so then it's taken care of already.

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

It's an interesting question though - should we notify someone if we see a possible crime being committed? The pics are years old, so unlikely to be helpful. So far, I've seen sexual activity (what if were a rape?), homeless in undress (not a crime, but unsettling), and a guy with a gas can (arson?).

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

Maybe @DZM could check and get back to us and let us know what the policy is for reporting such things. @escholzia: I'll count my lucky stars that I've not seen any of those yet!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to Bonnie123's comment.

Report them here, anything that really does concern you. We've already fulfilled a request from Mason to remove one set of images from the site.

Keep in mind, of course, that many of these videos were taken a few years ago.

And, of course, there are many reasons to carry a gas can that do not involve arson! 😃 We don't want to misinterpret something that might be at least mostly innocent.

Posted