Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

BAD NEWS: Just got a Bushnell picture

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I thought all the Bushnell photo's were gone. I just got the one with the raccoon in the tree and the coyote on the ground. I'll wait to do more until I hear back about this. Thanks!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Oof... Okay. Thanks for letting me know.

I'm not going to set off the crazy alarms quite yet. Keep classifying! Let me know if people see a few more of these. Thanks!!

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

Yes, first pic in the session and first pic after adding a comment were bushnells. Three in about 50 classifications. I can live with this, as they don't seem to loop now, but it should get fixed eventually.

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

Just received another Bushnell pic. just so you know.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

They seem like they're extremely rare now. We may have to live with that for the moment...

Posted

• Noctiferix by Noctiferix

I had a single one today and none yesterday, that's good enough for me.
    Thank you for fixing that so quickly! =)

Posted

• Noctiferix by Noctiferix

I had 11 Bushnells in the past 15 mins. First 5 in a row, a little later a single one and just now 5 again. 😦

EDIT: 3 more.

EDIT: And another row of 4..

EDIT: And 6 more Bushnells.. I'll stop classifying for today..
    (All that happened within 30min)

Posted

• tfmorris by tfmorris in response to Bonnie123's comment.

Don't know what a "Bushnell" photo is, but just saw the one with the racoon in the tree and the coyote on the ground that the OP mentioned. Too distinctive not to notice.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Eep. Okay. That's probably a factor of how we just sent a TON of people to the site... Let me try to see what I can do.

Posted

• tfmorris by tfmorris

p.s. When I search on Bushnell, none of the previous discussions come up. The only search hit is a single photo discussion, so it looks like search is pretty broken too.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

We know very well that the search is broken. That's a longtime problem with Talk that will be very much fixed in the next version of Talk!

We're working on fixing the Bushnell problem right now. 😃 I had a developer take a look. The Bushnell images were popping up when someone had completed the entire active data set.

It's been replaced with a note that the active data set has been completed, although we're tweaking it to make sure it only appears when it should.

Hopefully with more classifiers now, the set will continue to cycle out more quickly than ever and new images will be brought in all the time!

Posted