Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

Cannot discuss certain images. Already analysed images?

• Noctiferix by Noctiferix

Hey everyone!

Today I have noticed that I cannot discuss some images after finishing the classification. The 'discuss' button leads to a blank page and I can also not include those images in my favourites.
    This is one of the images:
    http://static.zooniverse.org/www.chicagowildlifewatch.org/offline/subjects/Raccoon_coyote.JPG
    The images tend to have real 'names' like Raccoon_coyote in this case instead of just a number and letter code.
    If some of the images have already been analyzed, why aren't they removed so only those that still need classification are left?

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

Yep - site is broken. See discussion below "preclassified images".

Posted

• Noctiferix by Noctiferix

Thank you, I didn't see that other discussion. It's exactly the same problem

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

Try logging out and in again. It worked for me.

Posted

• ForestPreserve by ForestPreserve moderator

I've seen this preclassified fox http://static.zooniverse.org/www.chicagowildlifewatch.org/offline/subjects/jefferson_park_red_fox_2.JPG at least twice since I started testing with Chrome. There's also a dog (German shorthair (?)) that cropped up twice within a couple of hours today, similar problems. You can't comment on these images, and they don't show up in your recents, either.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to ForestPreserve's comment.

Hey @ForestPreserve -- is that after a logout and login? Thanks!!

Posted

• ForestPreserve by ForestPreserve moderator in response to DZM's comment.

@DZM, yes, I've tried logging in an out at least a couple of times. Everything will be fine for a while, then I get Bushnell images in dense pack mode. What's really annoying is that you'll see the same image (for example, raccoon & coyote) multiple times in a short span, often with only one or two other images in between.

Posted

• buffalogroveP by buffalogroveP

I ditto what @Forest Preserve described ! I have started just marking those Bushnell ones as nothing here for less steps to get to the next one -- eventually I have gotten out of the loop and that lasts for a while...

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

I'm also getting duplicate Bushnell images, for example after a few I started writing down the image, date and time. The rabbit on 10-17-2013 at 23:42:00 I've had 3 times in a 20 minute time period.

Posted

• gabbieb by gabbieb

I've been having trouble today where it looks like a lot of the images I classified aren't being logged in my Recents/Favorites. I didn't realize right away, so I can't say for sure, but after reading this thread I'm going to guess they were Bushnell images? I just tried logging out/in and immediately got 2 more.

Posted

• gardenmaeve by gardenmaeve

Same here.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Gahhh, okay, I'm going to try REALLY hard to get this fixed tomorrow.

I'm really sorry about this, everyone. We really broke the project somehow. I'm going to pester the hell out of the devs tomorrow to get this fixed. It has become priority #1 for me, promise!!

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

Have it fixed by next week when I'm back from vacation and need to procrastinate from work, OK? 😃 Actually, my son and I spent some time on GitHub this evening trying to troubleshoot your script. Couldn't do it (we know barely enough programming to be dangerous), but it was fun trying.

And to answer your question, no, logging out and back in didn't fix it for me either. It can get me out of the loop of gold standard pics, but the first time one is encountered, the problem recurs.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Alarm bells have been sent up. Devs may have some idea what's going on... We're on it today!

Posted

The web site seemed to restart around 10:30 CDT today. Since then, I had one Bushnell followed immediately by a broken link:

<Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>533CF98BC375B1F0</RequestId>
    <HostId>7kyrufYXTnrmZWuqXcItStFZnyOqQq4mD2ivMGZvQ42bq8I1vNpOS1j/WvAMa48o</HostId>
    </Error>

No Bushnell clusters so far. Maybe this is progress?

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

Ditto - the looping is gone, but not the gold standard pics, and the broken page error has recurred. Possibly the developers reversed whatever change was made previously to fix the broken page error and that was related to the looping? Hey, it is possible to go backward in time!

Update - nope, spoke too soon, back in the loop.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

We haven't made any changes yet. The devs are well aware and I'm bugging them every hour or so. 😃

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

It's looking good now, so I assume changes were made. No gold standard images showing up after 50 classifications.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Yep, we fixed it! Sorry for that temporary awfulness, and thanks for all that you do!!

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

Big Thank You to the Zooniverse Team for helping to get this fixed so quickly for us. Also, Thank You to DZM for helping to get this a priority.

Posted

Site seems to be working well again, and I busted the "Jefferson Park" fox, http://static.zooniverse.org/www.chicagowildlifewatch.org/offline/subjects/jefferson_park_red_fox_2.JPG

Actually not Jefferson Park at all, but Norwood Park East, according to the Chicago neighborhoods overlay in Google Earth. The park is named after the street it's on. Appropriately for a red canid, it's about 1/2 mile south of Superdawg.

Posted