Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

ISSUE WITH SITE

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

I've been having an issue starting today with the site. it seems to only let me do so many images and then it freezes up my computer when it tries to load the next image. I checked to see if I had this issue with Serengeti and I do not so it appears to be unique to this project. It only started happening today since more images were loaded. Thanks

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

That's odd. How many images, typically? Has it happened multiple times? What browser/device? Does it happen in another browser, too?

Thanks!!

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

Starting this evening, I get pics refusing to load. Very sporadic - I can do 50 without a problem, then every 10th pic won't load. I can always refresh to a new pic, however. No freezing. Windows 7 PC, Firefox. Here's one that wouldn't load: ACH000dvyw

Posted

• buffalogroveP by buffalogroveP

I just got a few all black images, but it let me click nothing here and go on... is that the same that you had - an all black image??

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

No, I get a few all black or all white images also, but the ones that don't load show a broken page icon in the upper left corner of the picture.

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

I'm getting some with the same thing as escholzia, white screen with a broken page icon on it. it pushes my no animals and finish buttons off the bottom of my screen so I have to scroll down to find them. It also tends to make blue over by the buttons. Now that I have figured out the buttons are off my screen I can scroll down and select no animals.

The other issue I was having is also similar to escholzia, where I can do so many pictures and then I get a round circle going round and round showing it is trying to load the image. After a while I give up and get out and start again.

I'm using a PC and Google Chrome.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Alright... Let me see if I can get someone to take a look at this. Thanks!

Posted

• ForestPreserve by ForestPreserve moderator

I had a couple where I got a broken image link on the identify page. When I tried "copy image location" and pasted into another browser, I got something like this:

<Error>
    <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>4C4153C1FA98CCF5</RequestId>
    <HostId>weHZOBQsuT8Zj2g8bkHPq0FdERjjX1ZwsVTbaChf1iwUkLATpofM/T4k8ma/hzCW</HostId>
    </Error>

Reloading the identify page seems to clear this up. I'm using Firefox on Win 7 Pro.

(reformatted the markup)

Posted

Another one:

<Error>
    <Message>Access Denied<Message>
    <RequestId>B22B61DE56D9DD36</RequestId>
    <HostId>jSlGkvIg7W16eugH1sOBED4C1Rn42BZq5l8INUXl+zQIEkUP5FCkcROiDeLDrvsU</HostId>
    </Error>

Posted

And yet another:

<Error>
    <RequestId>24A3D03BB25A5D5A</RequestId>
    <HostId>OGTgIB7uMkS0kxlLSef9PHoLaFaRAnARBvzTr3vA6+kRayheVrK5pgPZgP+z8ljd</HostId>
    </Error>

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Thanks, @ForestPreserve -- I'm going to try to point someone at this tomorrow, or as soon as possible.

Posted

Just got another

<Error>
    <RequestId>DDA09D0DE4B2FD03</RequestId>
    <HostId>uuYY7wZrvnlRygQrPUf2DWNMiFQ37YIjPavc01OwgEBtY/WdOX8DBm5wCgf9eLAs</HostId>
    </Error>

Posted

Also, I figured out that you can still click on "nothing here" for these broken link ones. For some reason, the size of the image box is larger than normal in these cases, so you have to scroll down to see the "nothing here" checkbox.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I'm sending this to a dev right now... see if we can nail down the problem... thanks!

Posted

• Bonnie123 by Bonnie123

I'm having a new issue today. After I clicked 1 and not visable I had 2 identify buttons, one on top of the other one. System would not let me click the identify button so I had to get out and start over. Just for your info.

Update, I've had this happen to me 3 times in the last 15 minutes.

2nd update: just received this for the fourth time, was only able to do 7 images before it froze up this time. I'll go work on another project for awhile and hopefully someone can work on a fix for this. thanks

Posted

Another variation on the broken image link issue:

<Error>
    <Code>InternalError</Code>
    <Message>We encountered an internal error. Please try again.</Message>
    <RequestId>2FBAE388E25D4AB1</RequestId>
    <HostId>34V4bLPE1nK75sCDNL4VbUmgyqML7xDCskL9LVBpiwmXAaUdUpOawCJGhjJyhiK/</HostId>
    </Error>

Posted