Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

Blog Post & Tips: How to Collect Similar Images with Tag Groups

• DZM by DZM admin

Hi zooites!

I've come to realize lately that one of the more useful features of the current generation of Talk is not very well-advertised or widely used. Certainly nobody's fault here... I myself didn't fully understand it until just the other day!

With "tag group" collections, also called "live" collections or "keyword" collections, you can create a collection that is automatically populated with all of the images containing a certain hashtag. This is a great way to locate tagged images without having to rely on the (currently rather buggy) search system.

In case there's anyone else out there who was unaware of this feature, or who has never tried using it, I've put together this blog post explaining what tag groups are and how to use them. I hope you find it helpful!

Let me know if anyone has any more questions on this topic! 😃

DZM

Posted

• escholzia by escholzia

It's clear how to create a tag group - not so clear how to use it afterward. When I click on the #coyote hashtag in a pic comment, I get two images with coyotes, and a lot of discussion posts. If I click on the Coyote link at the top of the Tag Groups list on the left, it gives me a bunch of random pics without coyotes and a new left-hand menu. If I click on Coyote in THAT Tags list, I finally get a bunch of coyote pics. Not obvious and a lot of clicks to get there.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Probably best, if you're looking for "coyotes," to create your own "coyote" tag group? Then you can find it from your "profile."

Posted