Chicago Wildlife Watch Talk

Rescue of a fawn

• WillowSkye by WillowSkye

Have you all maybe seen this fawn rescue that I saw tonight (viral things sometimes take some time to get viral here). Apparently it is near Yellowstone National Park but the man's accent sounds different (from Hollywood 😃 )?

What do you think about the man helping the fawn? (I guess I'm probably biased but I think he's a hero 😃)

P.S. No offense meant about Hollywood accents - apart from CNN and Youtube, it's the main source where I can hear Americans speak, hence the 😃 face.

Posted

Oy vey! Disaster! I totally translated the wrong Afrikaans word into English 😦 I meant to say that I support/ are in favour of people that help animals, not biased. My English sucks 😦 Sorry

Posted

• abloss by abloss

Dear Willow, You were perfectly correct in your use of the word "biased." A bias is a leaning or tendency toward a certain position or viewpoint. Someone can be biased in favor of brave heroes who save poor defenseless little animals, or biased against bullies with big guns who want to kill defenseless little animals. If you have an opinion, you have a bias. It is only when the bias is not recognized, such as in scientific research or expressed in, say, racial terms, that there can be problems or negative consequences.

I think your English is great - much better than my Afrikaans!

Posted

Thank you Alex (picture came out a bit too big..)

enter image description here

Posted